Transferring in from other Medical Qigong Schools
The ICMQ occasionally receives requests from students wanting to transfer into our program after having begun their training with other instructors. Such a transfer is occasionally possible but requires a careful evaluation process. The student must have done his/her Medical Qigong training with an instructor who received his or her training through either the IIMQ or the ICMQ. Transfer credits are evaluated on an individual basis, and not all previous training may be counted.
Students wishing to transfer into the ICMQ program must submit a Petition to Transfer.
If your training was with Dr. Shannon, at the Palm Desert facility, and was within the last 5 years, Start Here instead.
- Submit your Petition to Transfer online by clicking on the link above.
- Once the application is received and processed, our office will notify you and send you information on the best way to submit required documentation.
- There is a non-refundable $125 Application Fee for students applying or transferring to any of the Programs. Once your Petition is received and processed, our office will send you options for paying this fee.
- All students are required to submit evidence of high school diploma, high school diploma equivalency, or postsecondary credit in a degree program (College or University credit at a degree granting institution).
- Official transcripts must be sent from the institution attended and delivered directly to the ICMQ. We cannot accept copies.
- Electronic submission via email of the transcript is preferred. If they must mail transcript, you must notify our office in advance.
- International students submitting transcripts in languages other than English may need to have their transcripts translated by a transcript translation service to show that the education they obtained is equivalent to a US high school diploma.
- Additional documentation may be required.
- Final action on admission is not possible until all credentials are on file at the ICMQ.
If the Petition is accepted, and the students previous training deemed appropriate, the ICMQ will attempt to schedule an Entrance Exam for the student.
As our training is based upon specific Qigong forms, the student wishing to transfer in must take an Entrance Exam to assess readiness to transfer into the ICMQ. The Entrance Exam requires an in-person evaluation and consists of a number of competencies and an oral examination designed to assess the student’s readiness to continue training at the ICMQ. A list of foundational and expected skillsets will be given to the student prior to the Entrance Exam. If the student is evaluated to meet the required competency level, the student may continue their training with the ICMQ and previous taken Medical Qigong courses will be accepted at full credit. Fees for the Entrance Exam are non-refundable, and dependent upon the Program being transferred into.
If the evaluator determines that the student has knowledge or training deficiencies, then the student will have to arrange for instruction to correct these deficiencies before ICMQ training may be continued.
For further information about transferring into the ICMQ, contact the Admissions Office.