Our programs are designed to cater to the needs of international professionals who may not live near our training center. All of our trainings are held in the format of Intensive Seminars. Seminars are usually 5 days long, and each program consists of five of these seminars, spread out over the course of a year. This schedule gives students from all over the world the chance to train with us and experience a depth of training that is not to be found anywhere else.
Dr. Shannon teaches all the Medical Qigong seminars.
Entrance to any of our programs begins with the Medical Qigong Practitioner Program. We start this program once a year, and offer the initial seminar (P1) twice, usually in February and March.
The following seminars are required for the completion of the MQP Certificate.
P1 - Introduction to Medical Qigong +
This first course introduces students to Medical Qigong theory and teaches them exercises that are designed to heal the body, calm the mind, and connect with spirit. Students learn a highly transformative Medical Qigong form that they can use for their own personal cultivation and health. Several Medical Qigong exercises will be taught that help the body correct both physical and energetic imbalances.
The course will introduce the student to the basic theories of energy tonification, purgation, and regulation. Student will begin to use these theories and specific qigong exercises to work with their own body's organs and energy channels, as well as to strengthen the body's protective energy field (Wei Qi).
Other topics covered in this course include:
- Respiration, posture, and mental training
- Emotional detoxification
- Healing sound projection
- Analyzing and categorizing qigong exercises
- Establish a personal medical qigong training practice
This introductory Seminar can also be taken as a stand-alone course for students wanting to learn qigong exercises for their own health and self-cultivation.
This Seminar is usually offered twice a year, in February and again in March. Students register for their preferred Seminar time.
Students will be able to:
- Categorize qigong exercises according to the three regulations
- Demonstrate various healing sound routines as well as several Medical Qigong exercises
- Discuss the concept of the human soul and its components from a Daoist or Chinese Medical perspective
Prerequisites: In order to register for P1, the student must first submit an Application to the MQP program. Please contact our main office for more information.
P2 - Introduction to Medical Qigong Assessment and Protocols +
This second course is designed to introduce the student to the further theories of energy purgation, tonification, regulation and cultivation. In addition, techniques will be taught to strengthen the body's protective energy field (Wei Qi) as well as techniques used to avoid absorbing Toxic Qi while working with clients. Students will begin to develop energetic assessment and projection skills.
Students are led through a progressive series of advanced Shen Gong (Spirit Skill) meditations and exercises, used to develop advanced intuitive assessment skills. Students will also learn the Medical Qigong General Protocol which is the foundation for all IMQC Qi Emission protocols.
Other topics covered in this course will include:
- Developing Energetic Sensitivity and Perception Skills
- Energetic Projection Skills (Advanced emotional detoxification)
- Yi-Quan meditation exercises to develop focused intention of mind and energy
- Introduction to energetic assessment techniques
- Introduction to developing individualized qigong exercise routines for clients
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the Yi Quan qigong postures and discuss the purposes of each.
- Demonstrate the Medical Qigong General Protocol.
- List and describe the various steps of the 1-10 Advanced “Wuji” Shengong Meditation
Prerequisite: Introduction to Medical Qigong (P1)
P3 - Foundations of Medical Qigong +
This course is designed to introduce students to advanced theories of energy purgation, tonification, regulation and cultivation, as well as self-care exercises and meditations that can be taught to clients based on individual need. The focus will be placed on integrating qigong modalities, advanced assessment, energetic modulation skills, case studies, and exercises.
Topics covered include:
- Three levels of Ancient Daoist Mysticism
- Four Functional Properties of Energy
- Materializing and Dematerializing Energy
- Qi Emitting Methods
- Internal Organ Self Care and Healing Sound
Students will be able to:
- Execute various qi emitting methods (including Invisible Needle, Energetic Point Stimulation, Energetic Cupping, Energetic Cast, Energy Balls) and give indications for their use
- Discuss the creation of energetic cords and demonstrate therapeutic cord protocols
- Demonstrate the use of healing sound
Prerequisite: Introduction to Medical Qigong Assessment and Protocols (P2)
P4 - Working with Organ Disharmonies and Individualized Medical Qigong Exercises +
In this fourth Seminar Medical Qigong students are introduced to advanced theories and modalities of internal organ protocols in order to develop a deeper comprehension of specific organ disharmonies as they pertain to Medical Qigong work. Students are taught the use of Medical Qigong Exercises and Meditations to be given as homework to clients. Secondary protocols are taught for each of the primary Yin organs.
Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the Hunyuan qigong exercises and clarify reasons each might be used.
- Demonstrate Jing point stimulation.
- Demonstrate secondary protocols for each of the Yin organs.
Prerequisite: Medical Qigong Assessment and Protocols (P2)
P5 Internship and Final Examination +
This 5-day seminar is the culminating event of the MQP Program. In addition to working through comprehensive reviews of previous material, students are asked to integrate everything they have learned throughout the program to work with clients within the structure of a supervised on-site internship.
The student will study and work with different aspects of energetic dysfunctions and symptom manifestations. During the Internship phase, the instructor will guide and assist in all phases of assessment and Qi Emission.
Course content will also include:
- Exploring case studies
- Integrating advanced modalities
- Applying advanced assessment and advanced energetic modulation skills
- Comprehensive academic and practical reviews of MQP theory and skillsets
- Demonstrate all qigong exercises taught throughout the program, as well as discuss when each would be appropriate or contraindicated.
- Utilize assessment techniques, analytical and energetic and use that information to provide a complex Medical Qigong protocol to a client, utilizing the appropriate secondary protocols, as well as various qi emission techniques.
- Teach Self Care exercises to a client based on that client’s individualized needs, as assessed energetically and analytically via intake information and information obtained during the General Protocol.
- Demonstrate and appropriately utilize all qi emission techniques and healing sound techniques taught throughout this program and be able to discuss when each would be appropriate or contraindicated.
Prerequisite: All required seminars for MQP (P1 – P4)
To access a Printer Friendly version of this list, Click Here.
MQP Additional Requirements
Each program has Additional Requirements in addition to the required Seminars. Additional Requirements for the MQP program are below.
Practicum Hours MQP +40 hours Read More